We call We called that "a box over the head". That was my...

1. 28,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    We call
    We called that "a box over the head".  That was my father's term for it, so reckon he may have used it on my brother because we all knew exactly what it meant.  It is a fast response to something naughty and never inflicted on a woman.

We sat in a strict pecking order, except boys were on the left side of the class room, girls on the right.  The top performer on girls' side was right back desk had the smartest girl, second smartest sat beside her, and in second back desk that pattern was continued.  To this day, I remember exactly where I sat and the name of the girl who sat next to me.  I apparently left my hand on the bench seat between the two of us.  She got the point of her pencil and drove it into the back of my hand, and I had tears but wouldn't tell anyone why I had tears.

So, there it is, a quiet weepy girl who was considered pretty smart.  But whimpy.

Mr X has been trying to sell not performer shares and mistakenly pressed buy rather than sell.  Now he has twice too many.  I have had perhaps 10 phone calls from him and, believe me, I have let fly with my anger on his stupidity.  I said "wait until 2 this afternoon" but, he, being impatient and not wanting to listen to a mere female, went ahead at 10.30 am and BOUGHT instead of SOLD.  I wonder how frequently people make this kind of error.

After yet another phone call, he did ring the commsec contact number, got told he would have to sell those additional ones because he already reversed his original error of buy into sell, but still he had the new buy ones and now rung and in his calmest voice assured me he had indeed sold the next lot.  It will cost him only the brokerage involved.

This is why I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!  I would be far too intolerant of these kinds of behaviours.......his girlfriend in real life won't even know what he's done!!!

SHEEESH.  Sorry for rant and rave......

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.