It's not good that you mentioned all those problems you had.When...

1. 9,204 Posts.
    It's not good that you mentioned all those problems you had.

When I was having trouble [drop outs] and there had been 6 technicians looking at it as I said they were changing things around and the last tech remade the fancy termination in the box at on the footpath [ full of water still ] and he said that it was fixed my next door neighbour came out and she got him to remake her cable plug as well as she was having problems.

He was only gone 1/2 hour and it dropped out again....

So I found out any more than 5 dropouts per day means you can get a technician to come out from NBN.

I had already been through the ombudsman twice with no luck as well.

So I rang the NBN and told them their workmanship does not meet my expectations and they need to do better.

The TSO are supposed to deal with all this and they rang me up to ask what was going on and I said nothing.

They claimed it had been fixed, which it wasn't so they weren't happy and pretty much called me a liar, so they record you when you ring up ... I said pull the recording of our phone calls [about 5] and see who is full of sheet but they refused to do that.

As I said, while all this was going on, they found the problem somewhere else and fixed it.

I also asked through the TIO to speak directly to the CEO of Telstra and the NBN so I can talk to them and tell them to get off the rear ends and check things personally.

That was a no go. CEO's never speak to regular consumers, apparently.

For the money we pay, this isn't just good enough, and those 2 companies need big changes.

So after all that which was around a year ago I have had very little trouble.

IMO you are better off going with Telstra as the other providers are just resellers and the internet is 'owned' by Telstra and the NBN so you can get help from them... although one time when I rang Telstra and the waiting time in the phone queue was 3 hours.

Or check Starlink.

https://www.tio.com.au

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.