Here is my Telstra story. Change, Computer guru said, to Telstra...

1. 28,680 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    Here is my Telstra story. Change, Computer guru said, to Telstra as the other providers are re-sellers and go to the top of the tree TELSTRA.
    OK. Says I. I attempt to change providers. There is a problem, says Telstra. We have your name as picastocSmith# (OK I am not Ms Smith, but that part is pretend). With a hash? Yes. So, you need to contact I-Primus to report that error. Just leave off the hash, I am sure I said. No. It has to be fixed by I-Primus and you need to contact their Customer Service area. Back and forth, NBN, I-primus and Telstra, day after day after day........Telstra here. You have not contacted Customer Service. Customer Service from I-Primus said your name is picastoc Smith (without a #). I tell Telstra. That's not correct, they say. It has a hash. Makes no sense, I explode. Do you think there are two people here, one called picastoc Smith and the other called picastoc Smith#, some dope leaned on their keyboard and the hash must have been added AT YOUR END! I thought you were the best company for me to approach with this NBN problem. Well, you need to go to a Telstra store and get it changed, they said. I said, I don't drive a car (small lie) and I am not going to stand in a queue for an hour to report my name as being one without a HASH at the end, I say. My computer guru comes to my aid. He spoke to Telstra on my behalf. Think I had been calling the Telstra contact as "she" and computer guru told me later, that he believed he was speaking to a man with a high voice and that I had been wrongly referring to him as a she. (Well, what else can go wrong?)

The above is the story as to why I went, instead, to TPG.

A TPG modem that worked. A few days, everything worked. Congratulations to TPG, a company I am still with as everything got moved over, mobile, landline and internet connection.

The time span for Telstra's issue was months! Of course, TPG knew I was definitely not the possessor of a HASH symbol at the end of the name, and never suggested it was.

Many a Sunday, after church, there were many of us who lunched together and the topic of conversation was always the weird experiences of the NBN. I used to walk along my street, and more often than not, the NBN men were in the Pit. I would tell them of my problem. They would give me a card, telling me to try that number. I also attempted the Ombudsman, without success, your post has reminded me of that. The men in the Pit I would speak to and point out my house with cable hanging from power pole. Yes, they would say, we noticed that. It is wrongly installed. I know, I would respond. In the end, I didn't care any more as the ADSL was still operating as they don't cut you off until NBN is working......

I nearly had a nightmare last night coz your post triggered all my NBN stories. I think I am the only house in this long, long street with a cable installed on a power pole and threaded through my vine hanging on a pergola.

My internet is working now. No rain last night. Pit dried off sufficiently for internet to work.......hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by picastoc: 22/04/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.