Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-86930

1. 18,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Steve98 - I only take a cursory interest in the stockmarket now - still have a small investment, but leave that alone.
    I do have several private check- lists - and look at the overall picture in the morning (all in colour on my stockbroker's site 'Belldirect')

I have developed some theories which are not new and not crash-hot -

i) we are in June which means EOFY - stocks are usually sold off during that time and they go down

ii) the world has another war which will have a big impact on food prices (Black Sea, not wheat etc. coming out of Ukraine - they produce as much as Australia - maybe Russian delivery problems, too) -

iii) goods are not moving around the globe as quickly as before - we are seeing a serious change happening in the use of coal and gas - all kinds of silly games with the lithium price

iv) and we have a new government in Australia which is trying to fix years of neglect - many of which 'fixes' are already having financial consequences, for example increasing wages for low-paid workers - and having a shortage of workers - all means wages will go up in other sectors too

v) in Australia we will have some food prices affected by the floods in Queensland (price of lettuce has gone through the roof, what else grows in Queensland? Lots of vegetables, bananas ???

want more: insecurity about what will China do or not?
    are we finished with this Covid thing?

But if you are really really clever, you can probably play the stockmarket like gamblers do - day-trade your way into financial slavery - haha

Take a deep breath, and if you think your investments are good - just let them sit - take up another hobby for a while and don't panick!
    take care and be happy
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.