Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-87117

1. 28,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    It was taken from the internet and not my hand writing the shorthand. But you have nailed it re the source of the "All humans are born free and equal....." I was simply slavishly reading the shorthand and the word dignity although correctly guessed had an extra squiggle which was inaccurate. Pitman Shorthand (New Era) is the original Pitman and Pitman 2000 emerged as an easier substitute. I have taught both of these. However, the easier version is slower to write, easier to learn, and, of course, not one I ever wanted to adopt myself. I have filled probably hundreds of shorthand note books with shorthand for transcription purposes in the jobs in which I have been employed. My sister and my mum, the same. Even my grandfather wrote New Era and there was a notebook in which he copied from the New Testament bible the Gospels (the first four books). I used shorthand to take notes when at university. Recording on a device was not permitted. I guess lecturers didn't want to be found "wrong" in any way. Shorthand has always been something I've never regretted learning. But was it difficult to do so? Absolutely very challenging indeed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.