Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-87128

1. 18,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @thenetwork - I have seen one Jack Sparrow movie a long time ago and I did like him then, but wasn't impressed with him in 'Transcendence' - but as i said, he didn't have much scope for acting as he was a living human being for only a short while until he died when his wife's love transformed him into a computer-face (and entity with strange powers) only and wondered if this wasn't going to morphe into a classic narcissist-control via computer plot - I was only partly right.

In many ways it is a visually beautiful movie, but half-digested concepts, all sorts of muddled references and religious hints (wife's name 'Evalyne' or similar) - actors too natural, which means their speech wasn't always clear, which added to an already confused script, so I really really lost interest and wondered 'how are they going to get out of this one?' and then came a silly conclusion - shooting scenes a la Hollywood and a syrupy death scene.
    Could have been a great movie. I actually felt sorry for the actors, except Morgan Freeman, who always delivers and gets the best out of every character he plays, maybe he is 'the' great character and every movie profits from that.

It wasn't a complete waste of my time, because I did gain some new insights and went to my computer to check on a work in progress there. So some gain - thankyou for the rec.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.