Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-87129

1. 28,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    You write so many interesting things. Hard to respond to all of them, much as I would like to. Monash's early computer was an immense machine and I enrolled for a course to learn how to use it. We got a bundle of cards and we used to use a glider clip to punch out our responses to adding, subtracting, multiplying etc numbers which were set for our class exercises. Now, truth is, I began with alacrity but failed to dismally that I have to acknowledge that I was unable to add or divide or subtract, or any other thing ever on those cards. Used to walk through the grounds in the dark of the evening and put my card stack in for assessment. Zero, zilch, fail, you-are-a-dope pica. Wow!!! The Information Technology lectures were incomprehensible to me.......what was I to do? Fail a first experience after many subjects...... I decided to register myself as a DROP OUT. And that is what I did. I knew, otherwise, the Fail would appear on my academic record otherwise!!!So, your description of going up and down the shelves:

"With head-phones on, I marched along a series of shelves spanning 2 long walls, which represented all the stock - and then bundling them up and feeding them into a printer, which was also connected to our store-house which was miles away. This was modern technology n those days - and they did up the orders which were then delivered by car to the various branches. Simple job, but i loved it......"

Yes, you are very smart lady indeed.

I think I would have wanted to leave your job and rush away in alarm........typing and shorthand, with some photocopying was the extent of my office skills.....no remembering many numbers, etc. I was always armed with pencil and notepad because I did not rely to my memory, I wrote down everything........

Music and maths apparently are conjoint skills for many people. So that is you as well, Taurisk......good upon you!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.