@Joannie - we all do things which keep us happy in order to keep...

1. 17,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    @Joannie - we all do things which keep us happy in order to keep our equilibrium which may not always be the best from a health point of view. And we have different ways of doing it - I still enjoy a drink, but have realised the many calories a single drink contains. My poison is/was wine - good wine! I don't drink rubbish - however, I have reduced my daily drink to almost nil - that is I try not to use it as a crutch - and also try not to get into the bad place which made me 'want' a crutch. Not always easy, as you yourself have experienced and state.

You have the advantage of having a still unlined and pretty face and great skin, so you can look yourself in the mirror and think: 'I look alright, in fact, more than alright' - with me I was getting yowl lines, also from the crying, of course. I now even do 'face yoga' when I think about it, while watching TV - basically 'grimacing' the right way - glad there is no-one about watching me, they'd have fits of laughter. I have also learnt (and failing at times) to celebrate my daughter's life rather than mourn her - not always succeeding, of course.

I have also stopped 'in-between' eating, just 3 meals per day - extra coffees and teas are allowed but no biscuits - a healthy breakfast (my raw oats, ground flax seed, nuts milk, banana routine - eaten not too early) - then a light lunch which always has some protein - egg counts as a protein - and a light dinner, mostly salad, even just fruit salad or a vegetable soup - MAYBE a drink later on - if not then a milo or cup of tea.

I am not writing this to get you to copy me, you know what you are doing, you are an adult, but I have found, I was continuing to do things thoughtlessly - and I have just been giving a little extra attention to my problem and i already feel better; I was beginning to feel unhealthy, had sleeping problems - all that has magically disappeared within 3 weeks of my new regime, which really isn't that drastic - I just cut out the thoughtless bits of 'eating from boredom' 'eating from sadness' etc.
    I never developed a habit of eating nibblies with my drinks, like people have chips or biscuits or nuts etc. with their drinks while watching TV - I have never done that - so I guess - one habit less to worry about.

Try and stay happy!!! that's the main thing - a happy person will always be appreciated and have friends and what's more, be a lifeline to those around them - keep posting those lovely songs you enjoy so much - I always check them out (and often find something new I hadn't heard before) and I am sure everyone on here does, too!!
    XX
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.