@Margaret63 - my younger sis-in-law back in Austria absolutely...

1. 17,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Margaret63 - my younger sis-in-law back in Austria absolutely loved Elvis, had all the records and I used to observe that in a somewhat detached, snobby way -
    and now I wonder and know - as with all music, that you have to be a little inured to the kind of music you love: - I was inured to classical music and didn't really 'get it' then - later on - and from memory: it was his song 'another little child is born in the Ghetto' had me breaking out in tears, literally and I began to take notice - he was very musical, very sexy in his presentation (which was critiqued by the white, racist folk as being 'too black') - and of course, he took a folk song from my culture ('muss i denn - muss i denn - zu-umm Städt-e-le hinaus' - he was posted to Germany and picked it up there) - that's probably when I first took notice.
    I adore all of his songs/interpretations now and he was a master musician/singer! and he was a polite, kind and gentle human being with it, as well - I look forward to see what crazy Baz Luhrmann has made of his life.
    XX
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.