I am glad that you enjoyed my story :)This girl moved into our...

1. 10,854 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    I am glad that you enjoyed my story
    This girl moved into our village as a nanny when she was 18, I was 28. She was working for a very snooty air hostess.
    I met the said air hostess when I took my daughter to playgroup when she was just 3 and her son was the same age. But she was a much older mother.

She seemed enthralled that I and my ex husband had a small farm with chickens, pigs, goats, a house cow, ducks, turkeys etc and asked if she could bring her "mothers help" to visit. I said yes, of course.

What she didn't count on was that it was an instant friendship between me and her nanny. People often thought we were sisters.
    After a few years, said nanny fell out with bossy air hostess and came to live at our farm for a year, helping me on the plant nursery. We had so much fun together, it was a wonderful time. Then she went back to The Highlands to go to college and we visited many many times. Oh the wonderful ceilidhs, she had her family and they wanted to stay up all night and join in.

Then when we moved here, we paid for the 4 of them to come over, they stayed 3 months and her partner, who was a stonemason and my husband faced the outside of our new house with granite, from the farm.
    Again, it was party time Her husband has built many castles in Scotland.

When they went home we or I would go up there every year during our annual trip home to England.
    Sadly now, she has the big C. It breaks my heart.
    Here is a little pic of the stonework. None of it was cut, it was all hand picked to fit.
    Hopefully this will be here long after we have all passed on.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4479/4479241-e33a5c776898f52309c5b935a46e7a47.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.