Hi @Joannie - beautiful story and beautiful work - I have two...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Hi @Joannie - beautiful story and beautiful work - I have two homes where my husband had done some incredible work - the last one has been taken down totally - I haven't had the heart to go back and look at it all. He wasn't a builder, just clever with everything he touched, even built a circular staircase from Canadian (and second-hand) pine wood - - had to be cleaned - staircase - and it fitted precisely - no uneven heights of steps (as I recently encountered in a friend's place) - we both cleaned the large wooden front door (double) - it was a salvation army citadel, hence the heavy large door - it took 50 hours to get rid of the paint to reveal beautiful light wood underneath. The whole family helped installing a heavy sliding door once and I fainted, because I hadn't had breakfast - it's a wonder the door didn't come crashing down as well.

You might find a handyman who can make a beautiful feature in your new (old) home - I actually thought it looked pretty good myself and once you live there, you can let your imagination go wild and change a few things. It only takes a bit of imagination - and I think you've got oodles of that - and a bit of money (confused.pngsmile.png) to make something special of your new home.
    atm I would like more 'white' in my living room, but know it won't happen - too much work, but it is beautiful as is, I am only unhappy about the floors (lino with nomad rugs), but to try and change that is too much work, too much shifting of heavy furniture etc.

I have just watched a wonderful program about Napoleon - I did not know that it was Napoleon who 'renovated' Rome to its present splendour, introducing even the lighting of all its architectural features, which is now such a wonderful sight to behold. One of my favourite British actors did a lot of the commentary (Jeremy Irons).
    X
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.