Dear pica, I am almost falling asleep here, but your post as...

1. 10,902 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Dear pica, I am almost falling asleep here, but your post as always is so very interesting I will try my best to comment.

Re banks, I do remember when there was more control over them. When the RBA increased the rates the banks were either not allowed or were strictly encouraged not to increase above the rate, although this had no effect and they charged a much higher rate. Atm this appears not to be happening, long may it last.

Yes unemployment is no problem, but certain industries such as tradies will need to look for new employment, but I feel a lot have been overcharging for the simplest of jobs so perhaps this is a good thing.

Yes farmers, generally lose out, all this nonsense about lettuces, I have read so many accounts where the farmers received no extra money and the supermarkets were just taking advantage of them.
    We endured the same problems in England when we were growing organic vegetables on a large scale for the major supermarkets and they totally screwed us over.

I was wondering if there would be a sudden dip after the RBA announcement, but no. There was nothing, unlike the last one. Hopefully people are now ready and prepared this time.

As always, it is the poor people who can least afford this inflation.

Re the builders going to the wall, the thing which I fail to understand is as far as I was aware, builders are supposed to take out insurance, I cannot recall who pays. But several years ago, we were having some new units built, part way through, the builders went bust and the insurers engaged another company to finish the work at no cost to us, even though it cost a great deal more.

I saw a really sad video today, it was about a 100 year old soldier in the US. He was supposed to be celebrating his birthday, but was in tears as he felt that all he and many of his friends who lost their lives had sacrificed was for nothing, very touching.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.