Oh yes, the poor elderly man. It is only in retrospect, very...

1. 28,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Oh yes, the poor elderly man. It is only in retrospect, very often, that we are wise. My mum lived until she was 97 and we were all keen to celebrate each of each birthdays, particularly those last few ones. I can recall she showed very little interest. I think now we should have just left her alone as she was, warm and comfy in a nursing home and cakes and people at the table she was not much interested in.

I am pleased you read my post. I think when I write them, I am recalling the days of teaching in this area and like to think I still have a handle on economics. However, I couldn't think of those two ratios which were required and then I recalled LGS and SRD. I think it was to do with the proportion of the deposits held by a bank which could be loaned out to borrowers. They were not permitted to over lend, as they needed this margin for safety, so these could be adjusted and thus was another weapon, apart from interest rate adjustments, to help control the economy. However, they are not applied any more. Economists have already been commenting on the paucity of controls which can be applied now compared to the past. Besides, it is the supply side which is problematic.

My friend, Mr X, works very hard and is driving his truck each day into country Victoria. What he has in his loads, I don't know and he may not either. I was just hoping a couple of boxes of shoes and maybe some wool from an alpaca, may fall off the back of his truck and I could have them. lol. Trouble is his truck is so large these days, everything is sealed and installed never to be removed except by forklift drivers.

I presume builders are going broke as they can't get supplies which they need, and those they do get are so costly, they are unable to honour those commitments made to prospective home owners. This is what they are saying, anyway. So many are going broke that I think they are facing problems that never before in their lengthy history of being a successful business, have they ever faced.
    A horrible situation for both parties really.

Mr X is up at 4.30am and off to work. I think if he was mega rich, he would still want to do his work. He loves it. Truck drivers are now in high demand and he likes to be helpful. Not sure how many hours he is employed but he sure needs to sleep long hours on weekends, and weeknights is in bed by 7 pm, ready for sleeping. He is a very kind, good friend to me and I have known him since he was 28 and is now 64. lol. He has done lots of chasing and I have done a lot of running away. Now we are great friends and will be for ever.

This morning, the cold woke me up at 6.30, and now I am cosily dressed writing to you. Thank you for your post, jo jo. Enjoy very much reading about your life. You have had a very eventful life and sounds as if now, you are in a happy place now.
    Last edited by picastoc: 06/07/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.