@Justis - I look forward to seeing your photos btw what kind of...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Justis - I look forward to seeing your photos smile.png
    btw what kind of multi-function printer have you got - and what is the quality of the scanned photos?
    I have a big job coming up, but will have to do my family photos one-by-one - the best i can probably do is shift the printer/scanner onto my desk next to my computer, so at least I can remain seated while changing photos . . . . . frown.png - the scanner is pretty good though and the program I have on my old computer for re-sizing, colour-amending etc. of scans is excellent.

back to 'the Louvre" - I thought it would take a week of half-day visits to get to see it all - and we only had 10 days in France summa summarum - but what a trip! Last holiday with my husband and his family still intact, now only one sibling left - the one with the Elvis Presley fixation, she was also a good rock'n'roll dancer. Well. really both her and her husband, who was a bit rough round the edges, but spotted a thief on the Paris Metro, trying to dislodge the expensive camera bag which our 'leader' had hanging from his backpack - did he give him a verbal serve (and a lunge) and the would-be-thief quickly made his exit, very practiced.

I'll probably never get back there again - and it would be so different nowadays.

did you enjoy the paintings? any standouts? I know from my youthful museum visits (in Vienna) that I was always smitten with Greek statuary and especially with their sublime purity in white. - I remember being shocked when I found out that all of Greek (and Roman) sculpture was originally painted in garish colours, sometimes eyes inset with semi-precious stones etc. - seems time has disposed of all that colour and jewels were stolen.

Another beautiful day in McGowan Land (

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.