It’s like a plumber ain’t a plumber anymore. They are also a...

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    It’s like a plumber ain’t a plumber anymore. They are also a shareholder, a landlord or some kind a passive income owner. Superannuation, the FIRE movement, ETF’s, family trusts, generational wealth, managed funds, it’s all the same, Charlie Munger & Warren Buffet express their concerns that not even they know what a recession would be like with this influence. It’s my theory that it’s not possible to forever be able to generate money for doing nothing. But I believe in the grass roots of this world, and that’s a contribution based society. Surely it’s not feasible to forward purchase contributions and hope the rest of the workforce will contribute on your behalf.
    This is why interest rates won’t work like they did in the 80’s, you have such a diverse society, where too many won’t be affected by rates rises, and actual fact may benefit from it.
    So my theory is to be affective against inflation, you need to take an approach that is expansive. Interest rate rises might not hit your heavy spenders in this day an age, it may only hit the workers, young families and the ones that are making the contributions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.