@Joannie, dear JoJo - I am so glad about your Mum - really nice...

1. 17,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @Joannie, dear JoJo - I am so glad about your Mum - really nice to hear she is o.k. and happy in her environment!!
    re words:
    I was having trouble today remembering the word 'circumcision' - had to do some research on it, as I read some psycho-babble about it on a really good scientific thread and had to find out more. I won't go into detail here, except to say, that there is a school of thought which assumes that this ritual of 'mini'castration' of the young male baby is one way of dealing with the adult 'father's' jealousy as the 'baby' grows into a young man, who could then become a threat to his superior position?! - and a whole lot more - also: why the former heathens, being converted to Christianity (by former Jews - 'Paul/Saul' etc.) did not agree to that ritual etc. - hence Roman Catholic, Lutherans etc. don't subject their male babies to this assault.
    I would like to know why the Church of England still does it??
    Re Mums:
    I have a young friend whose Mum has also been in a nursing home for some time now, she is close to 100 - and recently I had a heart-to-heart with the daughter. Seems Mum was a real martinet, not always kind to daughter and husband, quite selfish in fact. You wouldn't have known - but this daughter is looking after her mother with a dedication which just leaves me gob-smacked. The mysteries of life!!

Yeah 'The Good Life' but I was thinking of 'To the Manor Born' also with Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles - (my husband bumped into him as we were in London down-town somewhere, and hubby said 'hello' and he returned 'hello' with a smile!)
    I luvvved that series - Penelope was so bumptious and so dismissive of her kind friend!)
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.