@Joannie - I think Greta Thunberg, initially, was the mouthpiece...

1. 17,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    @Joannie - I think Greta Thunberg, initially, was the mouthpiece of her parents.
    My Opinion? - having seen so much waste here as well as in Europe - where they are very fond to point the finger at the Third World (where all the cheap garments are made, which everyone in the West buys!! - and also some of our rubbish is sent too, as well - check contents on 'temu' all made in China, Asia and how much of it is necessary?) - she is absolutely necessary. She has some kind of condition (ADHD, somewhat autistic) hence her strangeness, but she also has perseverance, now that she is an adult - and maybe there are donations etc. coming her way, too - o.k. by me, as so many charlatans out there know how to milk the public.

There are thousands of messengers of waste out there on Facebook, U-Tube selling, flouting wares which add up to a lot of waste, if you only look at the variety of cosmetics many women use, the complex containers they come in, made from different materials, impossible to separate, and all plastic, which ends up as micro-plastic in the world's waterways. Why we have not even developed a simple dispenser for tooth-paste is beyond me - I buy the children's toothpaste from ALDI, because it comes in a simple tube . . . .

So I don't mind one messenger who chastises us for the waste!
    The next 20 years will decide whether we can keep this planet fit for human life or not.
    If not, other life forms will take over, waiting in the wings, with absolutely no need for flushing toilets, 50 or so cosmetics, hundreds of garments, shoes, furniture to make mating and nesting possible . . . .
    I better stop . . .
    Don't get sad about my message, too - the World will come to its senses - at the last minute, as usual!
    X
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.