No, nothing like your day nor mine. Nothing. If one could become...

1. 28,522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    No, nothing like your day nor mine. Nothing. If one could become a fly on the wall of a classroom for a few days to experience the classroom jungle, then they would know exactly what is going on. I recall a student teacher who was on a teaching round, sitting in the staff room, weeping. She was not being supervised by me and although surrounded by many teachers grabbing their coffees and food, no-one noticed her. Her supervisor was not there either. She told me, through her sobs, as to how she was being treated. I did my best to comfort her, assuring her it does "improve" over time. However, some of what does happen, in reality, is that teachers just get used to it. The insults, the lack of courtesy of any kind, the lack of co-operation, the noise level, and the failure of students to apply themselves in accordance with a teacher's instruction. Such is the classroom of today. No punishment permitted other than a detention and only if the parent consents which they often do not.

So glad to be out of the classroom and out early. 49 years of age at the time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.