Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-14587

1. 17,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    big e - NBD might have answered that one, but let me, he is not a scorpio, much to my surprise.
    I have found that I like Scorpios - seem to have a few very good friends from that star sign - if that means anything at all, one very good one is a very late scorpio, that's the artistic schoolteacher/farmer I sometimes write about -
    about star signs; as I tried to explain to various people, including NBD;
    I THINK; THE STAR SIGNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STARS
    BUT
    seeing that it is an ancient system, which can be traced to the earliest Middle-Eastern civilisations - and similar classifications, or attempts at classifying humans exist in the Far East as well: here is my theory

- the religious fraternity (and usually it is/was a fraternity once men - and men only - had extra time on their hands - women as usual doing all the time-consuming minor chores even in the distant past - that's my bit of 'feminism' off my chestrolleyes.png)

and Gods and the various demi- and servant-variety of God and godhelpers being based in the heavens (and earth in some instances); their home being in the heavens, near the stars and stars having had a lot of importance for determining planting times, perhaps simple navigation, finding one's way home at night - remember no street lights(sneaky.png) - stars played an important part in all ancient religions.

Also important was observing one's fellow creatures, namely, first of all humans - they were close to you all of the time, they could love you or hate you or be nice or nasty to you in an instant. So it was important to get to know them - well. The witch doctors most likely were wise men/woman and observed and classified and attached meaning to the stars, the animals etc. and made a system of classifications of the nature of men and then tied it in with the heavenly lights. That tradition continued for thousands of years and we still use it,

But I think it is simply old-fashioned classification of humans into the different types and sub-types as we now know how to do so much better with the various psychological tools and tests we have. Thus IMO it is still valid - and it is fun to make one's own observations.

Just IMO

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.