Re Princess Di: yes, initially she was hard done by - the...

1. 17,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Justis
    I might be wrong, but I thought the 'shabby chique' thing was the aged white wood look
    which means, take an old piece of furniture, scrub the old paint off with either a commercial product, or in my case I use caustic soda solution, plenty of water, rubber gloves - a bit of garden which can take punishment (in my case lots available) and scrub the paint off, then allow to dry and eventually use thinned-down version of white paint, which you paint over said piece of furniture, allow to 'just dry' and then wipe off again, so wood grain, or possible bits of former colour show up. Then put some clear film of paint over this, but not shiney stuff. In the past I have done quite a few bits of otherwise old-fashioned furniture pieces that way, even sold some in my Sydney days.
    Tau

Re Princess Di: yes, initially she was hard done by - the proverbial virgin for 'the Prince' when he already had a sweetheart - etc. but she became very clever at manipulating everyone, including the Press - somehow though the British public saw her as the human face of royalty, the Press found her a wonderful subject - and the rest is history.
    However, 'Rest in Peace, Sweet Princess' you didn't deserve to die so young. IMO
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.