Here's my theory, N. As we all know, the mechanics of evolution...

1. 10,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1949
    Here's my theory, N. As we all know, the mechanics of evolution takes time - a long time. As an animal (Homo Erectus) we evolved to be hunter - gatherers. There were no mind shocking alarm clocks to wake us. No bosses. We chaps arose when the notion took us. To the chicks we were gods, killers of mammoth and ardent lovers. Our day began at 11am with a few bark cigarettes and cup of tea as we planned the daily hunt whilst perving on Grogs wife - coz she was hot and never wore any undies .

After lunch we would set off in search of something to kill, telling our women folk to dig up a few tasty tubers in our absence, and that we would be appreciative if they would be so kind as to knock up a few blackberry pies for dessert . Then we would sally forth into the great unknown, trading ribald jokes without a care in the world.

Fast forward 50,000 years and we are still the same men (Homo Erectus). Only now its all very confusing. There are bosses and gods and money and we live like caged animals under the yoke and tyranny of governments. The air stinks and the water is polluted - and we're stressed out, man. We are the same animals and there hasn't been nearly enough time to evolve to this new paradigm. Suicide, drugs and murder are common coz many can't stand the pressure.

Some of us can escape it with money, but most can't. As for me, well I'm still thinking about Grogs wife and praying she'll bend over to put another log on the fire . Its the only thing that keeps me sane.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.