Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-37946

1. 17,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Parsifal - in response to your wonderful dress: can't seem to post a direct reply

@Parsifal - that's a pretty amazing art work - was it for a play? It's beautiful!!

I used to do 'stuff' like that - eons ago - I was entertainment officer at a club - we had masques, decorated stages all that - and I designed and made clothes for myself and my girls. My choice, if had had that luxury, of a profession would have been either music of sorts (teaching, performing) or fashion design.

I'll see if I can find a photo of a dress I made when young - from the then meager salary of my husband - the silk purchased secretly and the amount never divulged, but had a bad conscience over it for many years . . . . dress self-designed, pattern made - used to parade around in it in Glebe, which was then strictly a working-class suburb of Sydney, now Yuppie-land.

I need to look for it now.

go well - don't fret about your past too much - I wanted to reply, but changed my mind - the present is precious and quickly slips away if you mourn too much.

there is a wonderful song, which the one-time Eurovision winner 'Conchita' sings, not in drag, with a female co-singer
    and the song goes like this:

'can't you hear
    time stealing away
    yesterday
    people talked in different ways
    the young-ones got old
    and the old-ones have died
    and yesterday became today
    and today will soon be tomorrow
    can't you hear
    time slipping by
    stealing away . . . .

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.