LOL mum was very thrifty and still is, tells us that the money...

1. 59,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    LOL mum was very thrifty and still is, tells us that the money she saves is for us when she passes. we keep telling her not to be, all but one us kids are comfortable financially.

Have not done as much travel as I would like to, was never to keen on Asia so first chance I got when over to Europe. Europe has so many diverse countries and I would love to have an extended stay to explore but for now being tied up in the business best I can do is short trips. At least I can claim them as business expense.

Angola, can't see that I could have spoke English when we arrived but some how recall being told not to use the word knife of the native language, sounds like the F word lol.

I must have picked up English pretty quick, the was a special class for immigrants to learn English but I only attended once. My brother and some cousins also got held back a year where I did not, funny I remember when we where being taught to read a clock, I worked it out really easy but other kids (aussie) struggled it was like how can you not see 1/4 past, 1/2 past, 1/4 too

Intelligence is interesting as there are different types of intelligence, I struggled at school in some areas but excelled in other. I had trouble doing arithmetic on paper showing how I worked it out but had no trouble working it out in my head. There was these comprehension cards we had to do, I got through the quicker than most kids.

I know know different people have a different thinking process and back in my days at school the education system didn't cater for that, it's like they expected every one to have the same thinking process. I recall in TAFE doing a business course, this lecture said "I you don't understand what I am saying, it's not that you are stupid, it because I have not explained it in a way you can understand"

I had a funny moment at Uni, not sure if it was doing statistics or accounting. I had long known that subtraction was the opposite/reversal of addition but it never occurred to me that also applied to division being opposite/reversal multiplication . LOL all of the sudden division was so much simpler

It's interesting in the politics forum that some people can't see what is so obvious

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.