Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-423

1. 17,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Bunbun: Rosemary has needle-like leaves - some councils here in Perth use large plantings of Rosemary bushes in parks, besides roads etc. Easy to grow, just break a likely-looking (and still juicy) stick off a bush and put in ground and keep moist, or even lay sideways, it will grow rootlets, provided you keept it damp. Needs little water once established. I have lots of skills, but have never bothered much with gardening - just keep it tidy, as husband loved that sort of thing and veggies are cheap to buy if you look around.
    Mind you the thrill (and taste) of eating fresh peas, homegrown, straight from the bush is probably worth a bit of effort.
    Years ago I was into reading herbal lore - and there was this book I read by a lady called Juliette de Bairacli-Levy ('Juliette of the Herbs'), vet by training, but she wandered the world; for a time accompanied by her children, and always 2 Afghan hounds, in search of herbal lore as told and lived by native people, including gypsies, desert Arabs (who still existed then - and will ... again ..). She also advised the Israeli Government's agricultural ministry for a time a n y w a y : she always established a small herb garden wherever she intended to settle down for a while and Rosemary was an absolute must. Little lady - it seems - like Consuela of the cast-iron pie, famous on these pages thanks to her chivalrous husband ....
    Cheers
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.