Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-44329

1. 17,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @picastoc - hi - how are you feeling today? You haven't been posting much, but I am not on HC on some days either - it does waste a lot of time, but it's probably different for you as you are on those severe restrictions and HC is a way of meeting people.

I find community radio quite interesting - checked out the radio station a friend of mine is reading her book on week-days, as I seem to be stuck on ABC classics and Radio National. ON Radio National I like to listen to Geraldine Doogue on Saturday mornings, they also they give the current information on Covid19.

Lots of interesting stuff this morning, amongst others, why the American working man is likely to vote Trump and an analysis of the 'American Dream' - there is also a book about to come out on that subject, which I might get - and the other story was a fascinating interview with Ben MacIntyre (I think) who wrote a book about one of the best female spies ever. She was a housewife and mother, and found it hard at times to reconcile her role as housewife and mother and spying (for Russia - she began during Hitler's ascendancy in Germany, she was totally anti-Hitler and a communist) - she passed on all the secrets from Klaus Fuchs (who worked on the atomic bomb in Britain and was a spy, but Agent Sonya was his handler) to Communist Russia.

the work is piling up here, but I went on HotCopper . . . . . I sometimes wish I had never discovered this website - sorry guys - it is a time stealer ... but very important to some of you in these times, I realise that!
    All the best
    Taurisk

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/books/review/agent-sonya-ben-macintyre.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.