Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-523

1. 28,581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    I don't belong to the Roman Catholic church with priests.

Re your question on providing funds for ingredients I actually didn't take seriously. We are the church. We pay for an organist (very small amount) and a Minister. Our halls are rented out during the week and proceeds used to pay for them to be cleaned by outside cleaners. Friends and I pay for most of the gardening expenses. The yearly income and expenditure is put before us on a yearly basis and I know exactly how much it costs to run the church, from where and how much funds we receive, etc etc.

Within the church there are groups of individuals who pursue whatever it is they wish to support, eg the Prisoners Fellowship has become an interest of one such groups because we arranged to have a speaker from this Fellowship and have since become involved some with paying donations monthly (personal choice), others (mainly women) who are getting involved with this bicuit making project. This PF body has many hundreds of volunteers who visit prisoners weekly through the prisons/Detention Centres and have a long list of potential visitors who need to undergo rigorous scrutiny and training before undertaking this commitment. This is why I thought your comment re giving a few biscuits is not going to change anything was just being flippant. The PF receives donations from many, many churches as a Church and also from many members on a personal level.

Profits? They need to pay water, gas, upkeep of property, stationery, publications, books, office expenses, etc. The concept of "profits" is alien to us. Never heard the word used and I get a copy of the incomings and outgoings of our church. So, nothing is secret. Not a cent has been used to cover legal expenses for any wrong-doing of our lovely minister.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.