@Justis - every year I get a slim booklet in the letterbox -...

1. 17,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Justis - every year I get a slim booklet in the letterbox - supposedly listing ALL the local business people - I have tried it a number of times; sometimes no answer, mostly really expensive dudes . . . . I guess if they spend the money to become listed in a printed publication, they will charge it to the customer.
    I have found some on-line services really good, last time I needed a plumber I got onto one of those companies listed in the Eastern States, but they sent me a local plumber and he was excellent and the price was right, too. I have used that service twice now.

Your business: maybe yacht clubs hand out circulars to their members, or may even have bi-monthly publications; ie. 'club news' for their members? I used to be the writer/editor for an in-club magazine, and we had a number of advertisers who thought it worthwhile to advertise and it helped with our cost, which was expensive, as we engaged a professional printing company.

What about the numerous 'ethnic' clubs (and i would pick the snobbier ones, like the German Club, they have a great publication which you can pick up at German butcher shops - nearest one to you is on South Street, cnr of Hela Butchers - if you like I can send you one. But Italian Clubs etc. would be a good idea, they love their boats.

P.S. Refund: One night last week - I signed on to a system called: 'ask.justanswer.com' or similar. I did get through to a lawyer and asked a $5.00 question. he confirmed what i was thinking, and I then to his offer of further help, I said 'no thankyou'!

A few days later, however, I get a notification from Paypal that 'Ask.Justanswer.com' had withdrawn $66.00 from my Paypal account for my 'subscription' - I hadn't subscribed, but if I had, it was by trickery. I wrote a rather irate email, threatening to expose them on social media if they didn't refund - and today i got my money back. Howsthat?
    and

What's the DEWY system?

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.