trying to think what colour I like. I go through phases....

1. 17,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    trying to think what colour I like. I go through phases. Sometimes pinks and purples. Sometimes blues. Or greens. Or reds. Occasionally yellow - when I feel sunshine coming on. Oranges and browns

clothes are different from art work. The paper dresses are different too - I like golds and blacks and rich colours. I’ve furnished the bedrooms with grays and highlight colours and for some reason my bedroom became pink but is about to become deep emerald green for winter

but then landscapes - the colour in Nz is a sort of line green with emerald overtones. It smacks you in the face it is so bright and brilliant. I love it. Australia is smoky reddish green except where there are lots of exotics in which case it is a bit brighter. But Australian high country or cool climate autumn colours are more brilliant. Reds and oranges and pinks and golds.

that just made me think of a trip where I flew over Washington and into Pittsburgh in autumn. Below the forests stretch out like this glorious patchwork of colour. Miles and miles of it.

now my mind is wandering to every place I’ve visited in autumn where the leaves change colour. I think the ginkgo tree is the most brilliant.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.