@picastoc - you always remind me of what sits in my wardrobe...

1. 17,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @picastoc - you always remind me of what sits in my wardrobe full of wonderful bits of materials, i was going to use to make:
    clothes
    bedspreads
    wall hangings
    dolls
    etc.

Only last year I finally discarded all the wool which I had used for 'dolls' hair' - and the little stamps etc. my husband had made up for windows on small toys of racing cars, locomotives, buses etc. - he made toys for a year to earn a living (and I made the 'little people' for the dolls houses) - but then he had to move on to a serious job - but it was fun.

It is wonderful to create things from literally 'nothing' - I know wool is expensive, but if you are on the look-out in places like second-hand shops, Vinnies etc. it is amazing what I found over the years (always in my lunch hour, too).

Now I loathe getting my sewing machine out . . . - too much other work waiting to be done.

I do know a lady, who many years ago lost her 21-year old daughter - car accident - and to take her mind off that tragedy she began making Christmas decorations - now every year, beginning in October, she has a beautiful stall here at the local market and her stuff is really special - but it was therapy in the first place and now she enjoys the making of it and the company and friends she has made over the years.
    Go on having fun
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.