Goodness Gracious Me!!! I thought I had enough food for lockdown...

1. 28,541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Goodness Gracious Me!!!

I thought I had enough food for lockdown and a week perhaps beyond. You have probably got to live until you are 300 years of age before using up your supplies. Anyway, was it me whose response made you go get yourself some tuna? Small can of tuna is useful to flavour spaghetti, but my new interest is in long and slow cooked onions. Put them into iceblock container to freeze, then release all the blocks and store in plastic bag in freezer. I will add these each day to my food to give it a lift! \

Onions are good for us.

Onions may have several health benefits, mostly due to their high content of antioxidants and sulfur-containing compounds.
    They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, lower blood sugar levels, and improved bone health.

mce-anchor Vitamins and minerals
    Onions contain decent amounts of several vitamins and minerals, including:
    SUMMARY
    Onions contain decent amounts of vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and potassium, which provide a number of benefits.

Onions may have several health benefits, mostly due to their high content of antioxidants and sulfur-containing compounds.
    They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, lower blood sugar levels, and improved bone health.
    Commonly used as a flavoring or side dish, onions are a staple food in many cuisines. They can be baked, boiled, grilled, fried, roasted, sautéed, powdered, or eaten raw.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.