Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-67138

1. 17,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Parsifal - it doesn't get as cold as Tasmania where I live - but because my house is by now almost stone (double brick, but the brick is mostly made of granite gravel and very tough to drill) and sits on rock - and almost on the crest of what goes for 'hills' here in W.A - so it does get cold at night.
    My remedy for cold nights; - even in bed I layer and wear one very loose but woolly jumper (more like a sack) over my pyjamas (and my bedding consists of a doona with wool blanket over the top) and - sometimes wear socks eek.png

If it is really cold, I do physical 'heat capture' -

i.e.: I stand in front of my Delonghi 'Heatmachine' and first lift the pyjama top over it, so the heat gets onto my body - both back and front, then I do the same with the upper garment and then to bed as quickly as possible. Works every time!

I used to think I could sleep in a cold bedroom - did it for many years, but gave up this year - cost for heating my 3-bedroom home is - in winter - about $8 - per day (and I have solar cells) - no electricity cost in summer - - so possibly my total cost for electricity - and I have no other source of heating (no gas!) is approx. $1150 - 1200 per year - divided by 354 days - less than $4 per day . If I were really economically inclined, I would probably just heat the room I am in, one at a time - but I have a heater going in 3 rooms most days in winter.

My house still isn't as cosy as if I had 'proper' heating and I am dreaming about a fireplace every year . . .

P.S. I am attending an art exhibition/installation/opening on Saturday - also in the country - at Dwellingup youngest daughter has organised the lot for an artist friend who owns the gallery.

Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.