@NoBoDe I have another peacock tale - they used to keep peacocks...

1. 17,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @NoBoDe I have another peacock tale - they used to keep peacocks and hens - maybe they still do - at the University of Western Australia - which has lovely open grounds, but also an open-air theater in the Shakespearean style, but within a building. I remember attending at this theater with my husband. The play was something ancient but modernised and done in 'punk' style - which was then all the rage - S. was in the orchestra, that's how we got tickets - I think it was called 'Arthur' - it was actually a musical.

Well during the play I noticed that the gallery railing was occupied by half a dozen peacocks and hens - luckily facing us and the stage - droppings going on the gallery floor. The play ended with some riotous scenes in 'hell' - all done in punk fashion and pretty horrific, really - and then there were fireworks - the peacocks flying off in terror and screeching louder than the fireworks. People covering their heads it was very funny to watch! . . . . and the audience filed out in great good humour!!!

Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.