@NoBoDe - wish you were over here - I need manpower today, I...

1. 17,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @NoBoDe - wish you were over here - I need manpower today, I have a bit of a cold today and need to prepare for tomorrow's big green bin - I ordered a big one - cannot now do all the prep work, as I have cold redface.png - had the most exhausting 3 days - coming third-best after two alien life-forms is a big put-down and I shall never again wish to be 'treated' by youngest daughter.

Luckily after a painful last day - being kept waiting outside the DOM in Bunbury for two hours, whilst 'she' picked up her b..y dogs and chatted and chatted with my best friend, who didn't bat an eyelid when we first turned up and M. said: "btw. we are booked into this posh hotel, but can't take the dogs, can I leave them here?" and this wonderful lady said: 'yes, of course' so for two nights and parts of the day, my best friend looked after M.'s dogs - without warning - she is indeed a good friend - and all that whilst preparing for her next holiday - she is on a plane to Christmas Island now.
    They also yapped their way through and destroyed adult conversations for 1/2 hour whilst visiting my other good friends and managed to nip their granddaughter's knee and dress - I was a total nervous wreck by the time we left there.
    Then on Sunday I rang friend No 3 - and she is my long-time Hungarian Jewish lady - we have been besties forever - and she said:
    'I'll pick you up G. - and will first of all show you all of B.s latest beauty spots et' - and she did - and we got back to her home after 1 1/2 hour's drive round the beauty spots - might as well say it - of Bunbury - which are amazing. This town is nothing like it was when we left it in the early 80s - still some 'bogans' around - but so many good restaurants now, so man beautiful places near Koombana Bay, near 'back beach' which I think has got a new name, too - our humble former home is still around - still humble but more houses everywhere.
    Sporting grounds are huge and kept in pristine conditions - weather was good - so I should be happy - but I basically spent 2 1/2 days of being right down the pecking order behind 2 b...y dogs - I hate the things now. They were most likely just as stressed as I was, but I could have gladly cut their throats - bark, bark, bark
    - When I finally got home last night,I finished up with the worst tummy cold in my memory - so, so painful - luckily I had been given 'dog valium' (everything is about dogs!!! grrrr) - so I took 2 - had a drink and managed to fall asleep for 8 hours - an absolute record, but am ok now.

This is a whingeing thread? Right? - so here is my first major whinge!!!
    and now I have to face my garden - bin coming tomorrow!
    One good point - I managed to watch ANZAC services on TV yesterday morning in my hotel room and was - maybe for the first time ever - deeply moved - thinking that many of our male children are always destined to be sacrifices in the service of the nation.
    As humans we pride ourselves on being superior, we are not.

I'll try and get my positivity back - but haven' t checked out the latest international news yet - maybe i won't
    have a great day
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.