You sound like quite the romantic. He has a girlfriend and she...

1. 28,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    You sound like quite the romantic. He has a girlfriend and she would be devastated if he left her. They don't live together but always together throughout weekends. I know all about that meeting up and that he told her there would be no future for them and that he would never marry her. That may have been almost 20 years ago. She was not happy when she became aware of my existence, and Mr X appeared to be planning at farewelling her. I was very alarmed. I had befriended him more when I knew he had a girlfriend, coz then I wouldn't have any pressure from him.

He has had several girlfriends, two children, one to each of two women, and rarely been truly "single". To be fair, I should explain something to you which should make things much clearer. He had a serious ABI injury at age 18. This makes it clearer as to why women haven't continued their lives with him. Despite the undeniable decency of this man, he takes a bit to understand. He differs from people with low intellects, as the handicap is not that. Over time, parts of his brain not working well like his speech have been able to taken over by other parts. There is brain plasticity going on for sure and I've been aware of these wonderful developments over the years. All rather complex. He is a happy fellow and his girlfriend has now become more accepting of me.

Certainly not his usual style of woman and he's been through rough patches with her, but things have settled down for both of them. Yes, the marriage option for me has been made many times. But these days he no longer repeats he is unhappy with her and accepted the inevitable. If he was my dream man, I had many many opportunities across all those years but I am not a good enough woman to take on this man, I'm just not.

He is much smarter than many people realise. I know he is and I'm not easily fooled. My story for the evening, jo jo.

I wouldn't be happy if he was not in my life, that's for sure. but he is.....
    Last edited by picastoc: 06/07/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.