@Joannie dear JoJo - Thankyou! - The ability to disagree is what...

1. 17,988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    @Joannie dear JoJo - Thankyou! - The ability to disagree is what makes us human, which proves that we have a creative brain.
    I know you recycle, collect stuff - you were a grower of things - so you know about life cycles etc.

Greta (who is 'neurodivergent and she is a short lady, 1.49cm! ). She does come across the way you say it - but her opposition is much ruder - just check some of the writers here on HC - not on this thread, of course.
    Europeans are slowly getting the message about re-cycling etc. but my generation and the next (dwindling because their Mums and Dads were too busy going on bi-annual holidays or cruises, filling their homes with trophies from foreign lands, household gadgets, driving the latest model car etc they became wasteful 'middle class')

Maybe she is not the best advocate for cleaner living - but she does represent the generation which will be most affected by climate change and they have every right to be angry.
    Although 'anger' as such is not a problem solver, but perhaps a motivator.
    AND if you follow the statistics on how far we have progressed in dealing with climate change, it makes sad reading - it looks like we are fast steering towards the 'last human on earth' - you, I won't see it, but we can still prevent it.

I also suspect that the old guard of ancient 'males' dislike Greta because she is a woman - but that's my personal opinion, having struck that a few times in my professional life, having to duck and weave and give way under male chagrin, misjudgments etc. often for non-compliance on my part.
    . . . and there is the old prejudice against someone who does not appear to be quite 'normal' - yes she has some kind of condition (autism), she is neurodivergent, but so were Leonardo da Vinci, Mozart, Tesla + more - and maybe many a living 'leader' but they were men, and flew under the 'radar': presumed to be of 'genius'.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/22/greta-thunberg-mother-she-stopped-talking-and-eating
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.