@Parsifal - I don't go in for this 'men do/say this' and 'women...

1. 17,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    @Parsifal - I don't go in for this 'men do/say this' and 'women do/say that' stuff - we are all made from the same stuff, but we have different tolerance to pain. I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to contemplating what I might be in for as I see people my age or older, who are in wheelchairs, can barely walk, have had multiple body-part replacements. A darling friend who is 5 years younger than me, insists on pouring everyone drinks and his hand shakes like an aspen leaf, but we let him, as it would be tactless to take over.

But then there are those older men and women who still go in for sporting success and achieve amazing things.

I am glad I am in one (and original!) piece, but have suffered a lot of pain when a child and was pretty brave back then, and know I would find it more difficult now.

re hospitals, operations etc. -
    In modern times; all these things are totally amazing; painkillers, anaesthetics, modern machinery even on the operating table - dentistry now employing painkilling injections, modern high-speed drills etc -

ha - I remember taking myself to a dentist as a young girl in my native city - and finding the dentist was working a hand-drill, which he operated with his foot pedalling away and the b...y thing was so slow and was making a loud grinding noise (!)
    - I suffered two treatments and was seen no more.
    One year later I was working in England as an au-pair - in regular employment and was able to have my teeth fixed with an electric drill and even an injection for pain - such luxury!
    Good health!! to all
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.