I dint know where to put this subject, its more of a...

1. 5,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2294
    I dint know where to put this subject, its more of a debate/discussion regarding Feminism...

Just wanted to get some true thoughts from others.

For the record Im 46... I kind of thought the whole feminist act was done and dusted in the 90's, that it was excepted that Women are to have the same opportunities as men, that sexual harassment and such were no longer tolerated...

But in Social circles, media, social media, talk shows and alike, it seems to be a subject that is over done and getting annoying... in fact it seems that its getting taken tooo far

Just so we are clear the definition of a feminism is:

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.

In truth I never really cared about the subject, but it seems to be coming up a lot, at a party the other day I was asked out right if I was a feminist... I kind of stood back for a second and had to think where the question was leading, did it have a secret agenda, did I do something to trigger a attack.. I simply replied with a puzzle look, " yeah sure"

Im all for women working and having the same opportunities as men, I kind of thought that was and has been excepted for the last 20++ years.... so why all of a sudden is it a hot topic??? what has triggered this yet again..

is it because feminist's want to take it to a whole new level?

I feel like Im missing something...

I have some serious mixed feelings about the subject....

was keen to hear some of your thoughts...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.