LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

FERC NTP & DOE NFTA

1. 1,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 435
    Now the Sierra Club appeal has been seen off, and there are no other appeals afoot, a key question is how long will FERC NTP & DOE NFTA take?

Some here think a matter of only two weeks, which I regard as rather optimistic and the shortest possible timing given we are talking about bureaucracy and that COE need to complete their report.

One clue on timing might be GV's comments at the Aussie presentations the week of 25 July. He was convinced both approvals would occur by the end of the quarter, that is the end of September i.e. ~2 months from then, given that he thought the Sierra Club appeal would have been despatched well before then.

2 Months, then hopefully is the longest probable timing - i.e. the end of January 2017.

One should hope therefore that the rising LNG price trend, which started on 7 November, will continue till then at least.

Another bullish factor could be an increasing gap between international oil prices and HH gas prices. Assuming OPEC manage to constrain supply somewhat and the set point for oil prices rises somewhat, then I think Nth American shale oil production will rise steadily again and the associated gas production will also rise, keeping HH gas prices down which would be good for future BTA customers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.