AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

First post for me, newbie investor in shares – thought Iwould go...

1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

First post for me, newbie investor in shares – thought Iwould go along to the AGM.

Was really helpful to meet up with Ronin1 and others – deep respectfor you guys who, along with Deboss, asked the important questions!

Some summary comments from NF I noted whilst he gave hisaddress/presentation. Disclaimer – they are my understanding of what he saidand may can be seen out of context! DYOR. They are:

Address/AGM:

• There is only one other larger resource (withlower grades) and “we will be knocking that off soon”
    • China “recognises the resource”
    • “Grade is king” and “we can get above 6%concentrate” and “we can bring the grade of iron oxide down to 0.44%”
    • “ICE will be a thing of the past within 5 years”
    • “..the industry is falling short on output”
    • “Not stepped into the feasibility study yet butdoing prep”
    • Discussing OT “with various including outside China”“to put us into production”
    • Still looking at “various options” re transport/roads– I took this to mean outside of what is already available (Later mentioned inpresentation that they are “investigating other routes as well”).
    • “Share price has floundered” and Nigel expects “Lithiumprocess will be up and running next year”
    • Nigel is “going to Beijing next month”. As yetcautious OT and China because “If one company gets involved then the others stayaway” (Need the right deal first).
    • Re alleged non-disclosed MOU. Nigel couldn’t discussbut no further info would be made available because its “not going to happen”.

Presentation (Nigel and other board members)

• Will “be a billion tons if we keep going down” (Nigel’sspeculation)
    • “Possibly do a blasting trail next year”
    • “Will take 3 to 4 months to pump the water out”
    • The pegmatite/lithium is “really hard”
    • The Governor is onboard – motivated to get roads/bridgesbuilt to assist development of a link into the south west of DRC (also saidseeing him on a regular basis)
    • Likely to get a good tax concession (cant recall%)
    • Simplest route is Dar es Salaam – various roadsneed to be built and two major bridges. One bridge being built now. (Thesebeing progressed via Governer).
    • Barges/ferry – (got a bit lost on comments here)
    • Rheet (who is a civil engineer) says that whathe has observed re road/bridge – looks like good/well built
    • Current scoping study has power via diesel.Hydro power also being explored. Likely to cost “$50m to get the plant back infull working order” and “$10m to get one turbine powered up and working = 9mw)
    • Re 30% DRC gov shareholding – is a free carryinginterest. Likely to assist when getting permits ect.
    • There is no more drilling planned
    • Have $4.4m in the bank today (diff topresentation due to payments made)
    • Will have to do financing, OT and/or have “cornerstoneinvestor”.
    • Definitely looking to sell tin/poss Tantalum –need metallurgic assessments
    • OT – explore in the new year.
    • Possible new engineer project manager (Board member?)re mine building look to appoint in Jan 2019
    • Share price falls – doesn’t know why other thanappears to be
    • Wont be selling any of the resource – would createcompetitor
    • Election in DRC – no current oppositioncandidate atm so don’t foresee any changes. Have good relationship with themines minister.
    • Main challenge going forward is the transportroute (other aspects of the project all okay).

Overall I found it aninteresting experience – got the impression that being at the AGM and voting doesn’treally change the outcome (most votes already cast and in favour). Was helpfulto hear comments as well as read information – couldn’t stay to speak directlywith board members but there was an opportunity to be able to do that.

I still have hope that AVZ will get to production and feelthat those involved are working hard towards that – lots of challenges ahead andI will remain in for the long term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.