FGL 16.7% 0.5¢ frugl group limited

FGL (Frugl) version 2 - Acquisition of Trienpont (a potential 10X?)

1. 30 Posts.
    Hi guys!

I think this can possibly be a renaissance for Frugl. Some potential thoughts that come to my mind as a shareholder now :-

1. Frugl's core business is 2 key aspects :-
    i) Frugl consumer app that we can all download on the app store and android play store
    ii) Infocus Analytics which sells the data that Frugl generates to retailers. As i can see its Metcash, Pet Circle and 1004 Gourmet in the Middle East?

I understand that to reliably do 2 of the above, Frugl needs to have software engineers, developers, programmers and what not.

Having looked into Frugl's past under Smithy, it would seem Frugl tried to do the above with an entire in-house team. Heavy wages and they couldnt get enough traction to pay wages. So byebye cash and byebye team.

Now this new team is trying to do what Smithy and team set out to do by utilizing external resources (outsourcing). Hopefully on a more modular (use as required) and lean basis but still pretty much the same as above with an Asian reach.

Now they've gone to acquire Trienpont which was providing the above services to Frugl. But Trienpont in its whole is a Software Development company with clients outside of the retail space (Frugl's playing space) serving customers like Mercedes-Benz, Hertz, Ascend Digital (from their website) etc.

Serving Frugl is but one aspect of their business.

With this acquisition, Trienpont whilst operating as a subsidiary will still continue to grow its business too! It seems to have a CEO, COO of its own whom will remain in the jobs i believe - as they have to deliver some key numbers for Frugl (voluntary escrow).

Hence Trienpont will continue to do what it does best, and has been doing before Frugl burst onto the scene. Which is to sell Software Development, Cloud Migrations, SaaS, AI deployments and serve Frugl.

Now do i believe in Frugl's original 2 mandates as above (Frugl app and InFocus), no not really.

But Frugl now OWNS Trienpont which is a software development house based in and operating in Bangkok.

Pardon me for stating the obvious but....

Am i the only one that feels that Frugl effectively now will transform itself into Software Development, SaaS, AI company? With a low cost vested software development operation based in Bangkok, selling its services in Australia at Australian rates.

This could very well be the catalyst that takes Frugl to the next level?

The software development and AI integration market is growing tremendously. Now here we have Frugl that owns a team of low cost development resources in Thailand that is vested in its success (hence hopefully churning out quality codes and products) and the ability to access the Australian markets as an Australian publicly listed company.. Surely these boys realize they are sitting on great potential?

Thoughts anyone?

THIS IS JUST MY OWN THOUGHTS AND ASSUMPTIONS IM SHARING FOR DISCUSSION. NOT FINANCIAL ADVISE. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.