I could not resist, this is vindication for what Malaga and...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I could not resist, this is vindication for what Malaga and other WA posters have been been telling us all year.

(I will not say anything about some very revealing information I came across, when doing a little research myself yesterday. The bears would only scoff and dismiss it, so I will keep it to myself.)

extract only............

THE only sure winners in the real estate market in 2012 were first-home buyers.

And, if they bought in Beldon or Coolbellup they hit pay dirt.

After a shaky year of ups and downs, industry experts said first-home buyers experienced the perfect conditions to enter the market thanks to increasing wages and stagnating property prices.

"Overall turnover (number of properties) is up by around 25 per cent on last year and first-home buyers are very active in the market, constituting up to 30 per cent of all buyers," Real Estate Institute of WA president David Airey said.

"Our state's robust economy, strong population growth and a series of interest rate cuts have made buyers more confident."

First-home buyers have driven the big drop in house listings, which halved from 14,300 in March to 6960 in December.
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/first-home-buyers-hit-pay-dirt/story-e6frg13u-1226532858209

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.