EHR 0.00% 0.3¢ earth heat resources ltd

Given that the AGM presentation had very little to say about the...

1. 2,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Given that the AGM presentation had very little to say about the Fiale project, I would urge everyone to have a look at some of the research that we have posted in this thread. The Fiale project (and pipeline projects in Kenya) have huge potential for EHR. I think Torey's presentation said that it would shake the foundations of perception (whatever that means).

Anyhow, your EHR cybersleuth has uncovered some more information that will give you some idea of the strength behind the push to drive private investment in Energy Infrastructure in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.

The UNEP has just released a new report on Energy for Sub-Saharan Africa. The report is titled "Financing Renewable Energy in Developing Countries: Drivers and Barriers for Private Finance in Sub-Saharan Africa". The report has been released this year to coincide with the UN International Year of Sustainable Energy for All. The report, which indicates that Renewable Energy is critical in the push to light up Africa, encourages governments in the region to open up their Energy sector to private investment.

A large part of the report is a summary of a survey of the views of 38 financial institutions on the barriers and drivers for private financing of sustainable energy infrastructure in the region. It also outlines that this region of Africa has one of the most rapidly growing energy industries in the world (circa 6% per annum) and highlights that this growth must continue (and possibly accelerate) in order to support the growth of these emerging economies.

"Developing countries, many of them growing rapidly and at large scale, have the opportunity to leapfrog conventional energy options and move directly to cleaner energy alternatives that will enhance economic and social development," says Kandeh Yumkella, Director General of UNIDO and UN Energy Chair.

Geothermal (particularly in the African Rift) is identified as a key resource in support of the huge amount of infrastructure that needs to be rolled out in the region over the coming decades. I can definitely see that EHR getting a foot in the door with the Fiale project is going to position this company for many other projects in the region. And with the international community focusing on improving the economic situation of these countries in Africa, the demand for Energy Infrastructure will be huge.

The following link is to a press release about the report and there is a link to the actual report in the press release.

http://appablog.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/smart-public-policies-key-to-powering-up-africas-clean-energy-potential-africa-launch-of-un-international-year-of-sustainable-energy-for-all-held-in-nairobi/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EHR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.