MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

fib ratio, page-15

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    This is the conundrum losty and why trading is such a challenge.

If everyone followed charts or Yogi or put in stop losses then the market would sieze up.

What P2W is saying is what if he had sold or a SL triggered at 49-70c. If a positive announcement was made whilst waiting for the fib retrace to 36c then it would probably cost more to re-enter and the opportunity lost.

I notice your trading style, losty, is to move with the swings and you appear to use a successful strategy. MEO has been a good stock for this. This seems to eliminate the fear of 'missing out' that P2W alludes to. Nana also referred to this recently.

Hindsight is what we are referring to. We are always trying to predict the future, and the only way we can do that is to rely on past experiences as indicators.

Those that bought MEO at 45-70 and sold at 36, of course they would have lost money. If they had used a SL the loss would have been reduced. Yet, if the announcement had come out at the time they bought, then they would have probably made a profit. That's the problem with MEO ATM is the five month delay in the announcement.

Such an occurrence would have reset the charts as the event would have set a new point in time. Charts always need these points for reference.

For those that bought at 6c in March and are still holding then they missed out a large profit at 70c. They may have lost money on paper since then but they still have a profit.

Those that are still holding, whatever their entry point, haven't lost anything yet, and there is still an announcement to come.

You only lose bucket loads of money if you sell at the wrong time. With spec stocks this is sometimes inevitable but that is the risk you take.

To sum up my input into this debate it is the same old story. The ifs and buts, the would've should'ves will always be there. For LT investors, provided the fundamentals are sound, this deliberation is reduced somewhat. However, your money is tied up so this has to be taken into account.

For all investors it is the same old song, be on the right side of your trades, as much as possible.

I am always thankful for the TAs, FAs and anyone else who bothers to post on the HC site as it is only by their valuable input that we can learn to be better traders/investors.

All I can say is that we should use all this information wisely and add it to our research from other sources. This way can add the experience of others to our portfolio of life and become better traders/investors.

We are always learning:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.