VPE 0.00% 41.5¢ victoria petroleum nl

fibonacci retrace 61.8% sp fall to $0.41 , page-40

1. 547 Posts.
    LOL B2 you agree with the fact that Tui states that I said something that I didn't and that that never actually happened? ;) or that the past is irrelevant (not something a chartist would say I would have thought)? I suppose to be fair you might be agreeing with him that VPE has potential going forward (something I also agree with). Note that the rest of this post is probably more geared toward tui than you B2... and it is an attempt to make my position on matters VPE clear. Yes I may have some biases based on the past performance of the company, but I don't think any of them are extreme.

My sentence (whilst maybe poorly worded) These presentations have been around for a long time wasa... previously they had the sp at over $2.00 and that was before the CSG was even around was referring to the potential sp that they were touting in the presentation.

Tui then replied saying The share price might have hit $2 back in 2006 but that would have been pre the 1 for ten reconstruction. So you are really talking 20 cents which may or may not have been referring to the sp actually or potentially hitting $2.00, but PK9 interpreted it as actual (which is understandable from the wording).

Finally Tui says I have never seen this stock get near $2.00 as Wintermute stated in his post. Your figure of 62 cents back in 2004 pre the 1:10 sounds a bit more plausible.i.e 6.2 cents.

Well as the quotes show I never said the sp hit $2.00 a case of chinese whispers contorted what I originally said to end up as Tui's final comment ;) But if you look at the long term Graph, VPE most certainly has hit (normalized for 10:1 consolidation) the lofty hieghts of $2.00 at some point in their past ($2.60 in fact). Fact is stranger than fiction :)

As for the comment Forget the past and deal what is front of us. A very very good story supported by a very knowledgeable and experienced shareholder base. Well I would say that those who do not learn from the past are destined to make the same mistakes over and over again. At some point yes the past will become irrelevant (that is why I like stocks like VPE, the past holds their value down) but in this case was I wrong to say that in the past VPE has had large retraces after a run up, and that people should be wary buying around the 42c level? I think anyone who bought at that or higher would tend to disagree with Tui and agree with me :) I never said that people shouldn't buy, just that they shouldn't buy at that level.

With regards to the very experienced shareholder base.... someone else's research IMO should never substitute for your own... these guys got on board at historically low sp levels for VPE and are already sitting on handsome profits. even if the sp dropped back to 25c they are in front. They are in for the long haul, which may or may not be the strategy for other people who have bought or may be considering buying this stock.

If you look back at some of the earlier posts on VPE (like from a year or more ago) you will see that I have always been pro VPE, maybe not to the enthusiastic level of TUI, who's boundless optimism is IMO over the top, but I have always agreed that they have potential, I have criticized VPE's management, which IMO has only realy started doing things since the very real risk that the entire board could have been voted out, and they realized their jobs were in danger. Yes they seem to be on a better track now, but only time will tell whether they ultimately succeed and become a profitable company.

For the record here is the long term graph for VPE. not a particularly pretty sight.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/_wintermute/vpe_ax02jan92_to_14nov09.png

Anyway enough of my ranting. if you were trying to wind me up B2 it looks like you succeeded ;)

Tony.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.