TLS 0.51% $3.93 telstra group limited

fielding's vote undecided, page-7

1. 414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    '' Senator Fielding said. ''I don't want the new [broadband network] to end up an expensive white elephant, but I don't want to see Telstra shareholders dudded either.''

Well Mr Fielding, put pressure on the Govt to re-draft the legislation so that:

1) The ability for the NBN to offer direct retail services is removed.

2) Insert a clause that states NBN co MUST purchase Telstra's existing copper network at TODAYS valuation. ($15 billion???).....(Cash or script?, not sure whats best, maybe just swap for script so Telstra receives future dividends from fibre network into the future?)

Closer to a win/win, but no bananna.

How much would the damn thing cost to build and run?

What is the life span of the new asset for depreciation purposes?

Maybe NBN would be too expensive for Telstra to transfer existing customers onto? Doh. How can anyone make rational decisions if the NBN is not even costed?

What ever the outcome, this is going to create the biggest/largest/most embarrassing headache for the government you can imagine.

If you think it's a mess now, just wait a few months.

So, just say the Government gets it's way and destroys Telstra. Why then would ANY international business set up here while this government pulls stunts like this? Legislative risk for big business will scare away potential multi-nationals.

Now will that be a win for Australia?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.93
Change
0.020(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $45.40B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.91 $3.93 $3.89 $94.15M 24.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 12492 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.93 2364145 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.