XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

Intuition you are sort of correct. For one, if the markets...

1. 3,905 Posts.
    Intuition you are sort of correct. For one, if the markets plunge and people start to feel worried and concerned, they tend to throw out the incumbent government, irrespective of who they are, and for that matter who the opposition are. What really should matter to us traders is not who wins but how to ensure we trade successfully. After all we don't have much control over the election outcome. The vast majority who vote don't understand what a futures contract is let alone trade directly.

I too despise both sides, in fact all politicians. So, I don't really care who wins. One problem with elections is whoever wins, it still is a politican :-). So, I just trade as best I can under the circumstances, whatever they are.

You are correct in saying that Abbott won't probably be able to do much to "save us". However, I tend to think Libs waste far less than Labor as they are more conservative by nature. History has shown that. Having said that, I also tend to believe under great pressures, as for example in the midst of a depression, the Libs will probably make just as many mistakes as if Labor was in power. So, don't worry too much about who is in power but focus on being successful in trading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.