PAR 2.17% 23.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

I'm not certain you're correct when you state"Also, in some...

1. 286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 361
    I'm not certain you're correct when you state

"Also, in some cases what you are saying is, shall we say, well, a bit wrong actually. For example, generic Pentosan is actually manufactured all over the world, albeit (officially) for veterinary use, and has been for years, so it can't be that hard, can it? Or can it? Who knows? Not me, and not you either I suggest. And iPPS, by the way, is just Pentosan + H2O + not much else; no patents on it at all."

The inability to readily manufacture a generic form of iPPS (given it is not a 'traditional' form of drug manufacture, but a process involving the extraction of the active ingredient from Beech bark) does present a major barrier to entry for any generic manufacturer.

PPS is certainly not manufactured all over the world. This from one of the analyst reports on the Paradigm website - there has been a heap written about this. (And if you can find a generic version anywhere online - I stand corrected)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1597/1597543-f8b24eead1791433bd0097533a8b9efd.jpg

From what I understand, J&J did try and get a generic version sourced (maybe from India?) - but an inability to do so meant they reverted back to getting supply from Bene.

IMO the possible threat posed by a generic version would have been one of the first things PAR would have considered before embarking on this many years ago. And no Pharma company will invest $40million in a trial - only to see all sales going to a cheaper generic version.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $82.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 23.5¢ 23.0¢ $85.35K 365.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 280011 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 44703 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.