EAR 0.00% 32.5¢ echo resources limited

Just posted this on the SLR thread. Guess the moral is don't...

1. 9,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Just posted this on the SLR thread. Guess the moral is don't fall in love with a stock. Nothing wrong with banking a profit and sometimes you just get it right as I did in this case (wish I could say the same about all my other trades).

Everyone who is invested thinks their shares should be worth more and when takeovers come, they always want more, and that is fair enough. But it doesn't always work out that way. For EXU and EGA shareholders it is a win.
    On the flip side, there is EAR. Shareholders have complained about the lowball offer from NST, but now they have to accept.

One also needs to consider the opportunity cost of not selling on market and redeploying funds.
    That is what I did. Sold EAR on market at .325, less than the .33 takeover price. Banked the profit to go towards a new car and redeployed the original capital to DCN and SLR and have effectively increased the profit on my original capital by a further 66%.

Could have waited for a revised offer, which never came in that case, but the reality was it was much more profitable to redeploy the funds as I did.

Anyway hopefully this is resolved and SLR gets back to 1.50 level at which point my original capital would be up 125% compared to waiting on NST to give me the funds.
    Last edited by ktrianta: 02/11/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.