SEN 3.70% 1.3¢ senetas corporation limited

My understanding of the Votiro product is to nullify common...

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    My understanding of the Votiro product is to nullify common malware attacks.
    In a corporate computer network, it is usual to apply barriers that stop bad actors gaining access (firewalls etc.).
    Within the network, however, people need to access files (e.g. the G: drive or whatever your company names it) and when they log on to their work computers, it allows them to access these central places for files and data.

A common way for malware to spread is by sending somebody an email attachment like an Excel file or similar that looks harmless. If you click on it when you are connected to the corporate network, bad software inside can then connect to the G: drive and from there, anybody else on the corporate network and infect their files. One thing this malware can do is encrypt and make unusable all the files stored on the G: drive, and all the files on everybody's computer logged in at that time, and others who log on later until the infection is completely removed. For a big company or a government agency this might mean thousands or tens or thousands of infections. And if the malware makes files unusable it quickly spreads and brings many operations to a halt. I understand this is what happened to Toll recently, and I know it has happened to several government health districts. It is fairly common, and hard to stop if your staff computers need to access central resources.

The Votiro system, as I understand it, and I have not used it personally, strips file attachments that might have this malicious code as the email arrives and stores the attachment in a safe place that cannot access the G: drive or other computers. When you click on it, you can still read legitimate files, but not problem files. This eliminates the risk of mass infections of a computer network.

There are other ways to achieve the same outcome, but mostly they rely on changing a whole heap of business processes and changing the configuration of every computer. For many companies, the 'silver bullet' of just installing a new system that protects everyone without having to make hundreds or thousands of manual changes is a big benefit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
-0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $20.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $24.32K 1.822M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 634748 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 150537 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.