GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

NoifsorbutsI can relate to the sentiment you have expressed....

1. 1,916 Posts.
    Noifsorbuts

I can relate to the sentiment you have expressed. LOL

However, I believe the whole idea of the doc IOUSA is to try to reach the masses and the style of the documentary is very much done with this in mind.

I have heard that the reviews from gold bugs is not good but afterall this is not the target audience - it is preaching to the converted.

It is planned for the film to be televised nationally in the USA next year and also for it to be freely available on DVD.

But even if it only gets through to a handful of Americians and others - surely then this is a good thing?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/06/AR2008080603569.html?sid=ST2008082201981&s_pos=list
    Indebted ever after

Excerpt:

...Their message: You probably know that the national deficit is $9.6 trillion and rising. What you don't know is how bad things really are. If you include all the unfunded entitlement obligations - Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and so forth - we are actually in a $53 trillion hole, Walker says.

And it will only get deeper as we get older.

In an interview, Walker is full of grim one-liners, such as: "The debt has increased our risk of being held hostage by foreign lenders" and "Our situation is serious, and it is deteriorating with the passage of time" and "The financial condition of the U.S. is worse than advertised."

The nation's debt now accounts for 66 percent of the gross national product. But unless things change, the film argues that the cost of aging baby boomers will push that proportion to 244 percent by 2040, twice what it was at the end of World War II, our highest level of national debt. A debt that high, even super-investor Warren E. Buffett says in the film, "could create real political instability."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.